Jan 3, 2013

Non-bake Cheese Cake

I love cheesecake.

I used to hate it cause I feel like I'm going to puke if I eat the whole of it. I couldn't understand why was cheesecake even invented. I mean, cheese is salty. WHY ON EARTH PUT SALTY THING IN A YUMMY SWEET CAKE!?!!! Plus, it's so damn rich I feel jelak after eating it.. 

But as I grew older (yes, older), I think it's actually very nice. Super yummy, in fact. It'a amazing how people can turn cheese into such, such... heavenly stuff. hahahaha, yeah, I'm weird. I know.

Anyway, I have wanted to make a cheesecake since before SPM started. But because I was busy, I had to postpone this plan until after SPM. Which then, I have totally forgotten about it & went along baking rainbow cakes instead. Yeah, I made rainbow cakes. You should have seen them on instagram, what do you mean no? HAVE YOU NOT BEEN FOLLOWING ME!!! *angry stares* Twice & no, not gonna do it again. Maybe next time. hahaha. 

One thing I hate about baking is, baking. No, seriously. I hate baking the cake. I have to keep checking the cake when it is in the oven for the fear of it getting overdone or under cooked. It's troublesome, really! & then cleaning the baking tray is a big mess too. It's as huge as my sink is small. Also, it's hot & burns me. So yeah, I really love non-bake baking rather than real baking. If you even get what I mean...

I'm getting side track again. Back to cheese cake. Sara was asking me for the recipe that day & I suddenly remembered that I have actually already bought all the ingredients for it & forgotten all about it. It was all at the back of the fridge, forgotten. On 31st December 2012, after coming home from movie - Les Miserables (nice show, felt like singing my words too when I came out from the theaters) with le M.Sunflower, I took out all the ingredients & finally started baking. 

INGREDIENTS:


1. Digestive biscuits
2. 500g Philadephia Cheese
3. A can of peaches
4. 2 cans of Nestle cream
5. Soften butter
6. Gelatine 

STEPS:

BISCUIT BASE


1. Crush 15-18 biscuits.


*TIPS: put them into 2 layers of plastic bags & crush them


To get this.


2. Mix the biscuit crumbs with soften butter.


3. Put them into tupperwares & send them to chill in the freezer.

FILLINGS


4. Put the whole block of Philadephia cheese into the blending bowl.


5. Add 2 cans of Nestle cream into the blender bowl & blend them together.

6. Take out the syrup from the can & boil it with 3-5 tea spoon of gelatine & mix it together with the cheese & cream mixture.


- OPTIONAL STEP
7. Slice some peaches.


- OPTIONAL STEP
8. Dice the others.


- OPTIONAL STEP
9. Mix the diced peaches into the cheese mixture.


10. Spread the cheese mixture onto chilled biscuit base.


- OPTIONAL STEP
11. Place the sliced peaches on top for decorations.


12. Send into fridge to chill for up to at least 5 hours.

It's done! It's super yummy & I love it! hehehe. It's easy too :D
Have fun, bye!

OH, here is the sampat's version. Hers is oreo cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment