Nov 19, 2012

Ulzzang Style

I'm gonna start this post with my big face again.
[this post is gonna be filled with my face]



MEOW. Lol, I hate cats. (No, Hello Kitty is not a cat, its a lifestyle.)


I'm like, into the Asian fashion recently. Ulzzang style to be exact.


What is ulzzang?


Ulzzang, also spelt as eoljjang or uljjang  is a popular South Korean term literally meaning "best face" or "good-looking". Originally used as a slang term, this word in the English lexicon has evolved into describing a person that follows specific style of fashion.  A person desiring eoljjang status would gain popularity on the internet through entering contests where their photos are judged and chosen by voters, though many became well-known eoljjangs from having popular Cyworld accounts or have gained popularity in school for being attractive.
Many eoljjangs model for popular Korean fashion websites, and some have entered the Korean entertainment business and have since risen to stardom. 
Although the word originated in South Korea, followers of such trends could be seen in China and Japan, but can also be found in Taiwan, the United States, Canada, Indonesia, Europe, and Malaysia.
[copied from wikipedia cause I'm lazy to type it all out]


So, as an Asian, I must support Asian fashion right? But since I am korea-crazy now, my fashion style is no doubt the korean fashion instead of japanese fashion (which is more exaggerating for me) 


How to be an ulzzang? You ask.


First, you must look asian. Have flawless skin, pale, big eyes & small, round face because koreans love these kind of face.


Next, it's just gonna be make up & photoshop (but I never do that cause idk how)


How to do that?


1. Wear circled contact lens / enlarged contact lens.
2. FACE - Apply foundation to achieve the pale look, you can also apply a small amount of pink blusher on your cheeks. 
3. NOSE - Contour your nose because most ulzzangs have a small, sharp & pointed nose (but I also never do this cause I suck in contouring)
4. EYES - Apply black eyeliner to enhance the shape of your eyes. Draw the eyeliner straight to get the droopy eye effect. You can also use white eyeliner to line your waterline to make your eyes look bigger. Apply a coat of mascara on your lashes. Fake eyelashes are not usually needed but if you want, its okay also. Just don't be too dramatic cause ulzzang make ups are suppose to look as natural as possible. (like no-make-up make up)
5. FASHION - nothing much, just wear cute asian clothes & not too sexy ones. Cute accessories are important also, like hipster glasses, sunglasses, cute hairband or hair clips.


Lastly, THE HAIR. Nothing much also, just make sure it is neat & tidy. But bangs are rather popular for ulzzangs cause it looks cute. Of course, no bangs also can. Later I show you all real ulzzangs with bangs de hair style cause I dont have bangs anymore.


#1 curly w/o bangs


You can clip up your bangs with a cute hair clip. I used a bow tie (:


#2 two low, loose pony tails 


#3 loose braids, one or two also can. Just loose.



#4 full up pony tail


#5 messy bun (so you dont look like ballerina) 

Ok, now here are the real ulzzangs. Real models. Not like me, cheat one, just copy cat only hahahahaa
[photos taken from google]

- Song Ah Ri -







- Park Sora -







- other ulzzangs that I don't know their names -











***

After that, take lots of cute selcas & you can add some effects. These are the apps I used (iPhone) :


(cute graphics)
- Cymera
- LINE Camera
- Mustache Mania
- PhotoWonder

(chio effects & filters)
- Pixlrmatic
- PuddingCam
- Space Effect Free

(Colleges)
- Body Symbol Free
- HeartBooth (they dont only have hearts)
- Multilens

FAVORITE OF ALL : FotoRus
- can photoshop
- make gifs
- colleges (up to 5 photos)
- picture in picture (this one dont really like cause no mirror image -.-)

OKAY, that's all. TATA!!!
XOXO



UPDATE!!!
Forgot to say I don't really use my iPhone camera. I use camera360. Favourite camera app!

No comments:

Post a Comment